30 years of proven reliability on more than 10,000 applications
ManeBar E-series seals are designed for robust and reliable service in small to medium sized vessels such as trawlers, coasters, dredgers, tugs and offshore supply vessels. The seals can be supplied for either oil or water lubricated systems.
In water lubricated systems, the seals replace traditional packed stern glands, eliminating leaking gland plates, continual maintenance and worn shafts or shaft liners, thus giving a considerable cost saving to the ship owner.
In oil lubricated systems the seal offers a robust, reliable and cost effective alternative to traditional lip type seals. standard fit by the leading manufactures of this equipment.
ManeBar seals are approved by all the major classification societies.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- ManeBar seals are simple, robust and reliable.
- They are cost effective having a lower through life cost than other sealing systems.
- ManeBar seals can absorb high and low frequency vibrations and also axial and radial shaft movements well beyond the range of other seals.
- Shaft and shaft liner wear is eliminated, thus removing the necessity of costly shaft removal and component refurbishment or replacement.
- Seals are easy to install, inboard seals simply clamp to the shaft, compression tools required for fitting are supplied.
- Outboard seals are compressed and driven by the propeller.
- Outboard seals are very robust and therefore more resistant to damage caused by ropes, nets etc. than standard lip type seals.
- The seals can be used on CP and FP propeller systems.
- ManeBar seals also have many years successful experience on all types of Thrusters and are used as standard fit by the leading manufactures of this equipment.
- ManeBar seals are approved by all the major classification societies.
EL Type – partially split inboard seal
The ManeBar EL seal can be supplied for either water or oil lubricated systems. It’s split, removable face and optional split seat, means that maintenance can be easily and quickly conducted, without shaft removal. For water lubricated systems an inflatable seal is included. This simple and effective device allows seal overhauls to be conducted with the vessel afloat. The standard combination of Manetex fibre face and Ni-resist iron seat can be replaced with hard wearing Silicon Carbide for water lubricated systems running in abrasive “brown water” conditions.
EN Type – partially split outboard seal
The ManeBar EN seal is used outboard on oil lubricated systems. Like the EL seal the split face and optional split seat can be removed with the shaft in situ, making maintenance quicker and less costly.
Silicon Carbide face options are available for vessels such as dredgers working in abrasive conditions.
EJ Type – non-split inboard seal
The ManeBar EJ seal can be supplied for either oil or water lubricated sterntubes. For water systems an inflatable seal is included.
EK Type – non-split outboard seal
The ManeBar EK seal is used outboard on oil lubricated systems. The standard material combination is Manetex fibre face and Ni-resist iron seat, however face/seat options of Manetex/Silicon Carbide and Carbon/Silicon Carbide are available for abrasive conditions.